We had a huge problem with the weight of our robot a few years ago. Maybe you remember: Our robot drove weird turns and we lost the knock out match. Take a look: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PZ3qB3ChQI&start=400 Maybe you have noticed in our latest post: We upgraded our robot. As I mention last week we have a problem … Student Robotics – solving the weight issues weiterlesen
Christmas for robot enthusiasts means: The first parts of our robot arrived. And as "Tim The Toolman Taylor" knows: All you need is MORE POWER. 😉 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ts9UONUMlCg&start=11&end=52 The building process is up and running. We hope to deliver some more evidence of the progress soon. Stay tuned!
Merry Christmas for everyone! And let's hope for a lot of thrilling competition days in the year 2020!
This week our software team wrote their first line of code in python. Unfortunately we discovered new important problems we didn’t notice. Another point is we didn’t upgrade our model - hopefully we will have done it next week. The manufacture of our robot is starting. If everything works as intended, it will be a modular, wooden robot. We are still … Student Robotics – first python experiences weiterlesen
Recently we have been pondering over how to make SAM a more approachable and practical project. During that process we came up with quite some exciting ideas which shall be revealed shortly, so stay tuned for that! In the meantime, we decided to build in another part, an anemometer to be exact, in order to … SAM – anemometer upgrade weiterlesen
We split into groups to work on our projects: One group for SAM and the other group for England. Our Student Robotics team discussed its current technical design. It will get a little finish thus it is easier to build. We did some filming for our SAM. It was quite some fun. Thank you to … weekly status update weiterlesen
This wednesday we finally had our kick-off-meeting at the Technical University of Munich and got some helpful information. The university’s team is kindly sponsoring a starter-kit to build our robot. Let’s get started! 🙂 (author: Raphael)
This week we updated our robot by adding a safety switch that shuts down the robot in an emergency. Furthermore we tried to find out if the "hidden compartement" of our robot is big enough to hold the hardware. In addition, our software team tried to learn the programming language by writing their first code. … Student Robotics – the final sketch weiterlesen
Just a short update: Thinking about the size of the robot is crucial. Some years ago team MAI made the mistake of installing the safety switch a few days before the competition days. As a consequence, we were too big. We had to tamper with our robot at the competition to rebuild that part of … Student Robotics – safety first! weiterlesen
The members of our group are living in several different villages. Thus communication tools are very important for us. This week, we're expanding our social contact from WhatsApp to Discord and Google Drive. Our software team starts by reading the Python environment. We also found the first flaws in our initial design. Either the tokens … Student Robotics – communication tools and simulation progress weiterlesen