Student Robotics – starting to build the chassis

We started to build the chassis of our robot. As an advantage with designing our robot with a modelling program, we could measure the necessary sizes for the actually building. We decided to use wood for the material because it fulfills our requirements. Further pictures incoming as soon as possible! (author: Daniel)

Student Robotics – solving the weight issues

We had a huge problem with the weight of our robot a few years ago. Maybe you remember: Our robot drove weird turns and we lost the knock out match. Take a look: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PZ3qB3ChQI&start=400 Maybe you have noticed in our latest post: We upgraded our robot. As I mention last week we have a problem … Student Robotics – solving the weight issues weiterlesen

Student Robotics – first parts arrived

Christmas for robot enthusiasts means: The first parts of our robot arrived. And as "Tim The Toolman Taylor" knows: All you need is MORE POWER. 😉 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ts9UONUMlCg&start=11&end=52 The building process is up and running. We hope to deliver some more evidence of the progress soon. Stay tuned!

Student Robotics – first python experiences

This week our software team wrote their first line of code in python. Unfortunately we discovered new important problems we didn’t notice. Another point is we didn’t upgrade our model - hopefully we will have done it next week. The manufacture of our robot is starting. If everything works as intended, it will be a modular, wooden robot. We are still … Student Robotics – first python experiences weiterlesen

SAM – anemometer upgrade

Recently we have been pondering over how to make SAM a more approachable and practical project. During that process we came up with quite some exciting ideas which shall be revealed shortly, so stay tuned for that! In the meantime, we decided to build in another part, an anemometer to be exact, in order to … SAM – anemometer upgrade weiterlesen

weekly status update

We split into groups to work on our projects: One group for SAM and the other group for England. Our Student Robotics team discussed its current technical design. It will get a little finish thus it is easier to build. We did some filming for our SAM. It was quite some fun. Thank you to … weekly status update weiterlesen

Student Robotics – the final sketch

This week we updated our robot by adding a safety switch that shuts down the robot in an emergency. Furthermore we tried to find out if the "hidden compartement" of our robot is big enough to hold the hardware. In addition, our software team tried to learn the programming language by writing their first code. … Student Robotics – the final sketch weiterlesen