Season 2019/2020: 21 pupils, 3 blueshirts, 4 main projects, enthusiastic commitment, a lot of work…. and then, there was Covid19! And the shutdown stopped our activities.
- Schüler bauen Roboter: Postponed until further notice, then cancelled
- Student Robotics: Physical competition postponed, then cancelled; switching to a virtual competition
- Eurobot: German preliminary round postponed, then cancelled; participation of international competitors cancelled
- Any other project: Stalled by the shutdown
But Team MAI doesn’t get down by these problems. 😎
We are proud that all teams kept on working and managed to build operational robots throughout the year:
- The sumo bot for Schüler bauen Roboter has proven its working condition at the tech day at the university.
- The pirate ship for Student Robotics was finished during the shutdown at home. Afterwards we joined the virtual competition.
- Our kraken and its small brother for Eurobot already made its first movements in january. Until now, they received several upgrades.
- SAM – the sensor administration module was tested in Finland and India. Furthermore we received help from Bund Naturschutz. And a group of children visited us to learn more about SAM.
We are proud to announce – that even in the notorious corona season – we were successful:
- The only team with a working robot in Schüler bauen Roboter at the tech day
- A fourth place in Eine Welt für alle
- Online Presence Award by Student Robotics
- First prize in category 4 of Echt kuh’l!
Thank you to all our parents, sisters and brothers, patrons and friends that supported us during that season! ♥♥♥